Skip to main content

Welcome to Digital PO


Sharing what I know has been a passion for me ever since high school. Sharing & discussing what I know has proven to be the best method to sharpen my knowledge. Throughout my university days, I practised this, and my friends believe I helped them a bit. 


After coming to the industry 11 years back, I was too focused on the job and training our internal teams. Discussions were only limited to the team, and I was too job-centred, so I never realized what I was missing. Recently I came to the realization that sharing ideas could help me to learn things beyond the borders of my organization.


In the coming weeks, I'm planning to share the little I know about Agile  & would like to hear from those out there what they know and think about Agile. Meantime any new and exciting thing I come across will also be shared in this blog. If this can be a forum to share knowledge for a community of agilists, that would make me proud and fulfilling. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Makes an Agile Mindset Different?

The agile mindset is a way of thinking that embraces change and the process of continuous improvement. Agile is a philosophy or a set of values rather than just being a specific methodology. The Agile Manifesto and the Twelve Principles behind them were the results of industry-wide concern over software delivery delays in the 1990s. Rather than specifying a methodology, the Agile manifesto focused on change in how companies think and encouraged them to find ways to be more agile.  An agile mindset enables teams to work together more effectively by being open, iterative and focusing on quick feedback loops. In agile software development, the focus is on customer value. A fundamental principle of agile is working software over comprehensive documentation. Working software is delivered frequently so that customers can see and try it every few weeks or months. Working software may be released to the customer even if not all features are complete or thoroughly tested, as long as it's un

What is Agile?

If you are into agile software development, chances are you might have heard some or all of the statements below. "Agile is not a methodology." "Agile is a mindset." "Agile is an umbrella term for many practices." "Change is to be expected. Change is welcomed and embraced." But when I first started learning about Agile, I could not understand it easily. If you are someone like me, I want to highlight what I learned in the last couple of years on agile. What is Agile? Agile manifesto explains the following value of Agile.  Individuals and interactions over processes and tools Working software over comprehensive documentation Customer collaboration over contract negotiation Responding to change over following a plan However, despite this definition, one of the most discussed topics is Agile a methodology. Understanding this concept of "Agile Midset" might be a little difficult for us practitioners since we are more comfortable with t